KrisBeeMama is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, meaning KrisBeeMama may earn a small advertising fee for products shown on this site (at no additional charge to you!).
I’m humbled to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Natahley at The Perfect Mummy. Natahley juggles her wildlife photography and mom blog, a combination of business and writing I aspire to do myself. I love Natahley’s open and honest writing, especially when that’s coupled with her Australian style! Check out her blog to learn more about her parenting journey and amazing photography skills.
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is designed for new and upcoming bloggers to build their audience and to welcome them into the community. This is how it works if you are nominated:
- Shoutout the blogger who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers deserving of the award
- Leave questions for your nominees to answer in their posts
Below are the questions from The Perfect Mummy:
- What three words would you use to describe yourself? Caring, exhausted and proud
- What is your biggest ‘mummy triumph’ to date? This is a tough one to answer, because there are so many triumphs, either day-to-day or larger successes that took a lot of work and, at times, tears. But, there is nothing I feel more proud of than managing to survive the first couple years in one piece while loving my child more than anything else on earth.
- How long have you been blogging for? Years ago I had a blog for creative writing that I used mostly for an independent study through college. However, KrisBeeMama launched a few weeks ago!
- If you could have anything in the world, what would it be? Allowing myself the freedom to believe that I am capable of anything.
- What advice would you give to a new blogger? As a fairly new blogger myself, nobody would call me an expert. But I would suggest sitting down and just coming up with a list of topics you can write about. Don’t think about it too much, just brainstorm as much and as fast as you can. In just 30 minutes, I was able to come up with 143 topics for posts! Of course, your list may be longer or much shorter depending on your niche, but even if you don’t have a clear niche, making this list may show you your best interests and stories.
- Do you follow many other blogs? I have started following as many similar blogs as possible. Although I’d love to turn this into a career, I know that isn’t possible without fellow bloggers to help. They say “it takes a village” when it comes to raising children – well, I guess blogging is like having another child, lol.
- What blogging platform do you primarily use and why? IG, WordPress, Blogger, FB, Twitter – something else? I use WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+. Since I am just starting out, my content will grow a lot over time.
- What is your favourite blog post that you have written? (Post a link!). Before Parenthood: The “I Will Never” List
- How did you come up with your blog name? KrisBeeMama was both a play off of my name and the fact that I think of myself as a “crispy” mama (not quite a “crunchy” mama). Although this is the true origin, I modified it slightly to give it more of a theme – a mama in a chaotic bee hive.
- What inspired you to start your blog? As my child gets older and our budget gets tighter (hopefully just for now), my husband and I were discussing how and when I would get a job to contribute financially to our home and family. Through some heavy discussions and internal digging, I realized that a lot of my pre-parent unhappiness stemmed from not being content in my career. Well, I happened on a post on Facebook about starting a blog that could give you financial freedom – this sounded like something I could try while I was still home with my toddler (and awaiting the birth of my second child). Over time, I’m hoping to build income through blogging and, eventually, an Etsy store (small steps first!). And with a lifelong struggle with depression, writing has proven to be therapeutic – what a fantastic combination to start the journey 🙂
Whew, hope you made it through all of that!
As I have stumbled through the first steps of this blogging journey, the following bloggers have shown me the most inspiration and talent.
I chose to focus my nominations on some fellow mom bloggers who choose a combination of parenting ideas, personal stories and only some product suggestions (more of a focus on REAL content). Congrats mamas!
- Emily at Moving Through Momhood
- Tracey at Balace Is Boring
- Alexandra at Coffee and Coos
- Andreana at The Best Kind of Busy
- Kim at This Mama Needs Chocolate
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What are the origins of your blog title (how did you come up with it)?
- How long has your blog been live?
- What has been your greatest success on social media thus far?
- What social platforms do you primarily use to show off your blog (promote)?
- What is your favorite blog post (with link) that you wish more people would connect with?
- Do you belong to any blogging networks?
- Who in your life supports you through your blogging journey?
Happy nominating, and thank you again, The Perfect Mummy!